Sparkling or still , how would I want an off day to be like? Actually it all depends on my mood – how I feel that day. It also depends to some extent on how the previous week prior to the off day went by! If the week was hectic and overly busy, I visualize myself catching up on sleep or taking a laid back slow holiday curled up in a hammock in the garden,lazing in the sun, sipping a pina-colada, with the book in my hand³ that i’d been dying to read since such a long time, but just did not get enough time for it! A perfect way to unwind and relax!
On the other hand, I love travelling- even a simple trip to the neighbouring town makes me happy. I enjoy going to the different malls, local markets and shop to my hearts content. I also look forward to visiting tourist places and click lots of pictures.Give me a touring holiday any day within the country or abroad and I’ll be very pleased. One thing remains common in my lazy holiday and sparkling holiday- I always remember to pack my books!
There is a third option too, thats somewhat in between the above two modes of a perfect day off My husband and I love going to the movies. What could be better than just sitting back and getting lost in the celluloid world and mindlessly munching on popcorn while sipping hot coffee. Hey, why think so much? A day off in any form is always welcome!
The pictures are courtesy of pixabay.com
There are some days when you wish to give yourself a pat on the back. Today was one such day for me. I accomplished a lot of work and the best part is that that I’m still feeling fresh and energetic at the end of the day, and peacefully writing my daily blog especially for Nablopomo.Touchwood!! ( I’m not really superstitious -just a wee bit!). What all did I accomplish? Here it goes–
- Read the morning papers and was able to flip through my favourite magazine.
- Re-organized my winter wardrobe
- Re-organized my husband’s winter wardrobe. Setting the winter wardrobe and packing off of the summer clothes is a much talked about and sometimes feared task in northern India- when it starts to become slightly cold. Its almost like a ritual and often a conversation starter at family gatherings and get-togethers. “Have you done your winter wardrobe yet?”- Everyone is keen to know.
- Did 2 loads of laundry- in the washing machine of course, but don’t forget the prep and after care like folding etc.The more difficult to iron clothes will be given to the Dhobi ( Indian washerman ) and expensive clothes will be sent to the drycleaners. Just have to be ready to pay huge bills!
- Re-shuffled and cleaned the shoes cabinet. Pushed away strappy sandals and took out shoes and some with bling to wear in the Indian wedding season.
- Cooked a delicious meal comprising dal, beans and also made a stir fry with couscous. Surely, I am grateful for the domestic help I got in the kitchen in terms of chopping and cutting of the vegetables.
As i write this post , I realize that two thing I missed today.One, I missed my daily walk coz I was so busy in all this work. Second, I hardly drank any water today! This, I can surely remedy ( one must drink at least 8 glasses of water a day); so let me take a break and gulp down a tall glass of water. Until next time then -err…next post.