I received a most amazing New Year gift on the last day of year 2015. Guess what? A surprise nomination for an award by dear @mescalime (Psychochromatic Inception). The best part was that she very graciously permitted me to choose between 3 different awards she had received herself, namely : Sunshine Blogger Award, Liebster Award and The Word Magician Award. I have accepted the Sunshine Blogger Award as I can identify with it. I truly believe that a blog should be inspirational and spread some joy!
As per the ‘general rules’ of awards, I shall nominate 7 more bloggers for this award whose posts I enjoy reading. Mind you this is a tough task as each and every blog is fabulous in its own way.
- Dr. Rohit Reddy
- Upen Reddy
Many thanks to the whole blogging community and wish you all a very happy and fulfilling new year 2016!
There are some days when you wish to give yourself a pat on the back. Today was one such day for me. I accomplished a lot of work and the best part is that that I’m still feeling fresh and energetic at the end of the day, and peacefully writing my daily blog especially for Nablopomo.Touchwood!! ( I’m not really superstitious -just a wee bit!). What all did I accomplish? Here it goes–
- Read the morning papers and was able to flip through my favourite magazine.
- Re-organized my winter wardrobe
- Re-organized my husband’s winter wardrobe. Setting the winter wardrobe and packing off of the summer clothes is a much talked about and sometimes feared task in northern India- when it starts to become slightly cold. Its almost like a ritual and often a conversation starter at family gatherings and get-togethers. “Have you done your winter wardrobe yet?”- Everyone is keen to know.
- Did 2 loads of laundry- in the washing machine of course, but don’t forget the prep and after care like folding etc.The more difficult to iron clothes will be given to the Dhobi ( Indian washerman ) and expensive clothes will be sent to the drycleaners. Just have to be ready to pay huge bills!
- Re-shuffled and cleaned the shoes cabinet. Pushed away strappy sandals and took out shoes and some with bling to wear in the Indian wedding season.
- Cooked a delicious meal comprising dal, beans and also made a stir fry with couscous. Surely, I am grateful for the domestic help I got in the kitchen in terms of chopping and cutting of the vegetables.
As i write this post , I realize that two thing I missed today.One, I missed my daily walk coz I was so busy in all this work. Second, I hardly drank any water today! This, I can surely remedy ( one must drink at least 8 glasses of water a day); so let me take a break and gulp down a tall glass of water. Until next time then -err…next post.
Its been four months since I tasted a share of the huge pie called blogosphere, and I’m beginning to realise that there is both good and bad associated with it. Here is a list of the inferences I have derived so far :
The good about blogging;
- Polishes one’s writing skills if desired.Well obviously you have to work toward it if you take blogging seriously.
- Ignites an interest in Photography.
- Widens your horizons and thinking perspective.
- Helps to make new friends.
- Gives your articles, recipes ,pictures a global platform which is really great!
- Keeps one positively occupied; rather than just whiling away time in unmindful activities.
- Great way to de-stress.
- Give immense-immense creative satisfaction.
- Blogging is for crazy people.
- You are your own boss..
The bad about blogging;
- Time is a crucial factor- you need loads of it.
- Blogging requires as well as entices one to read fellow bloggers posts. One,this requires time; two,you hardly have time or energy left to do any more reading. At least in my case I’ve not been able to read as many books as I could previously.
- Eye strain (read – Tips for sparkling eyes ).
- Muscle pain : Long hours of sitting in the same posture glued to the computer gives a pain in the neck (pun intended), shoulders and sometimes even a headache.Please take frequent breaks!
- Angry, irate glances by spouse and kin. Even if you have a supportive family, they too at times get fed up when you wish to make a 3rd revision of your draft.
- You wish to take a camera along where ever you go (and laptop or i-pad too maybe).
- Scares of not revealing your true identity. Certain blog posts I read advice that its not safe to reveal one’s true identity. Can an expert in terms of online security shed more light on this matter?
So I have 10 good points and 7 bad points. Blogging emerges the winner!
We have all experienced hunger pangs at some point of the day, some day, in our busy lives.A growling tummy does interfere with the proper thinking process,makes one grumpy and is surely bad for general overall health and wellbeing ! Here is my list of 5 anytime and all time favourite foods that help to keep those hunger pangs at bay and at the same time can be quite nourishing too.So here goes–
- Sandwich : One of my favourite foods, it has many variants and can be prepared in a jiffy. Just slash a couple of slices of brown/ white / multigrain bread with butter and some tomatoes and cucumber slices and viola, you’re done ! Don’t like butter – use cheese or peanut butter or nutella instead.
- Fruits : Packed with nutrients and the best part is they need no cooking. Pick one on the go and say cheers to your health.
- Nuts : Another superfood that keeps one satiated and happy. Regular intake of nuts, preferably unsalted,are excellent for your skin hair and bones.
- Roti : Eat it anyway you like- the traditional way with a gravy vegetable or rolled up with a delicious filling of chicken, cottage cheese or just some pickles !
- Eggs : They come to your rescue when there is nothing else in your fridge! Eat them boiled,scrambled, poached or fried. Eat them with plain toast ,roti or just mix with salad.
Eat well – Stay happy!