Its been four months since I tasted a share of the huge pie called blogosphere, and I’m beginning to realise that there is both good and bad associated with it. Here is a list of the inferences I have derived so far :
The good about blogging;
- Polishes one’s writing skills if desired.Well obviously you have to work toward it if you take blogging seriously.
- Ignites an interest in Photography.
- Widens your horizons and thinking perspective.
- Helps to make new friends.
- Gives your articles, recipes ,pictures a global platform which is really great!
- Keeps one positively occupied; rather than just whiling away time in unmindful activities.
- Great way to de-stress.
- Give immense-immense creative satisfaction.
- Blogging is for crazy people.
- You are your own boss..
The bad about blogging;
- Time is a crucial factor- you need loads of it.
- Blogging requires as well as entices one to read fellow bloggers posts. One,this requires time; two,you hardly have time or energy left to do any more reading. At least in my case I’ve not been able to read as many books as I could previously.
- Eye strain (read – Tips for sparkling eyes ).
- Muscle pain : Long hours of sitting in the same posture glued to the computer gives a pain in the neck (pun intended), shoulders and sometimes even a headache.Please take frequent breaks!
- Angry, irate glances by spouse and kin. Even if you have a supportive family, they too at times get fed up when you wish to make a 3rd revision of your draft.
- You wish to take a camera along where ever you go (and laptop or i-pad too maybe).
- Scares of not revealing your true identity. Certain blog posts I read advice that its not safe to reveal one’s true identity. Can an expert in terms of online security shed more light on this matter?
So I have 10 good points and 7 bad points. Blogging emerges the winner!